EMDR Certification and Consultation
For licensed and prelicensed therapists who have completed EMDRIA-approved basic training.
As an EMDR Certified Therapist and EMDRIA-Approved Consultant, I provide consultation services to therapists following basic EMDR training to help integrate EMDR into their clinical practice, and obtain the necessary consultation hours to become a Certified EMDR Therapist through EMDRIA.
I host monthly 2-hour group consultation meetings and am available for individual 50 minute consultation meetings as needed.
Please contact me for more information. Criteria for EMDRIA Certification is provided below.
The applicant for the designation of EMDRIA Certified Therapist must meet the following criteria:
1) EMDRIA Approved Training: Submit evidence of having completed an EMDRIA approved EMDR Training program. A copy of your certificate of completion is required.
2) License/Certification: Provide documentation of independent license as a mental health professional in the state or province where you practice. A photocopy of your license to practice independently is required.
3) Attach notarized documentation supporting the following statements:
Do you have at least two years experience in your field of license?
Have you conducted at least 50 EMDR sessions with at least 25 clients?
Both statements can be included on one single notarized document. Applicants can simply state, "I have at least 2 years experience in my field of license and I have conducted at least 50 EMDR therapy sessions with at least 25 clients" or similar wording and then have it notarized.
4) Have you received 20 hours of consultation by an EMDRIA Approved Consultant in EMDR? Answer yes or no on the application form. Then you will need to obtain documentation from the Approved Consultant(s) you received your consultation from, verifying the number of hours you have received from him/her and how many of those hours were individual consultation and how many were group consultation. If you have received consultation from more than one Approved Consultant, you will need documentation from each. At least 10 of these hours must be obtained through individual, EMDR-focused consultation. The remaining 10 hours may be obtained through small group consultation. Consultation groups cannot exceed more than 8 participants at a time. Consultants-in-Training can provide up to 15 hours of consultation; the remaining 5 hours must be with an Approved Consultant. *Only consultation hours received AFTER completion of an EMDRIA Approved Training program can be applied towards this requirement.
5) Attach letter(s) of recommendation from one or more EMDRIA Approved Consultant(s) in EMDR, regarding your utilization of EMDR with clients.
6) Attach two letters of recommendation regarding your professional utilization of EMDR (if possible), ethics in practice, and professional character. These can be obtained from colleagues or peers.
7) Attach certificates of completion of 12 hours of EMDRIA Credits (continuing education in EMDR). The EMDR Training is not awarded EMDRIA Credits - only EMDRIA Approved Credit Programs in EMDR that are completed after the entire Training program can receive EMDRIA Credits and be used towards this application requirement. If you are in need of EMDRIA Credits, you can earn EMDRIA Credits through the EMDRIA OnDemand eLearning site. For more information and to access the EMDRIA OnDemand catalog of choices, click here. Additionally, you may click here to view the Calendar of Events.
8) EMDRIA's Professional Code of Conduct. Applicants must read and verify on the application form that they agree to adhere to EMDRIA's Professional Code of Conduct.